Friday, February 5, 2016

Protecting our Colorado Water!

Re-Elect J Paul Brown for HD59.
View this email in your browser
Del,

As the legislative session heats up, I am fighting hard for water rights in Colorado. I am a member of the Agriculture, Livestock and Natural Resources Committee, and I am constantly working toward having more efficient water infrastructure and water use for our state so that we may continue to grow our economy.

My biggest effort on this issue is for water storage on the South Platte River. This session, I am bringing forth a bill that I believe can alleviate the loss of an agricultural water resource, help replenish the Front Range's aquifers, and keep Western Slope water from being diverted east over the Continental Divide. The South Platte River is the only major river in Colorado that does not have a water storage dam in its main stem, so I believe this will be a no-brainer.

Why is this so important?  Well, just last spring, over two million acre-feet of water -water that we could have legally stored and used in Colorado- left the state with no way to contain it. This water could be used to keep our economy strong and our agricultural jobs secure. That is why I support water storage on the South Platte River's main stem.

Time and time again, we have seen that these battles for water rights can take many years. I know that I am the right person for the job, and my campaign needs your support to ensure that I can continue fighting for our water rights. Can I count on you to support me today with a donation of $25, $50, $100 or $400?

We are close to a large breakthrough in keeping Colorado's water -which is rightfully ours to use- in Colorado. However, I fear that if we do not have a strong voice on the Agriculture, Livestock and Natural Resources Committee, all of our hard work may be undone.  Will you support my re-election today with a donation to ensure Colorado's water security?

Don't forget tomorrow I will be talking about this very issue at two town hall meetings!

Where: Almont Resort, 10209 CO 135, Almont, CO 81210
When: Saturday, February 6, 10:30 am


Where: Ridgway Public Library, 300 Charles St, Ridgway CO 81432
When: Saturday, February 6, 4:00 pm


You are the ones on the front lines and I would love to hear from you Saturday. I look forward to seeing you. 

Sincerely,

J. Paul Brown
HD 59
Support J. Paul Brown Today!
Paid for by the Committee to Re-Elect J. Paul Brown
Copyright © 2016 Committee to Re-Elect J. Paul Brown, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are a supporter of J. Paul Brown.

Our mailing address is:
Committee to Re-Elect J. Paul Brown
PO Box 178
Ignacio, CO 81137

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

No comments:

Post a Comment