Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A HUGE Win!

Re-Elect J Paul Brown for HD59.
View this email in your browser
Del,

In my last email, I spoke about carrying the torch forward on issues that are important to Colorado, specifically water storage. I have introduced a bill, HB16-1256, which commissions the Colorado Water Conservation Board to study water storage on the South Platte River. Late last week, that bill passed the Agriculture, Livestock and Natural Resources Committee unanimously.

Last year, over 2 Million gallons of water hemorrhaged out of our state through the South Platte River with no way to stop it. This water traveled to the Midwest instead of being stored, where it could have been used to supply the Front Range and prevent the transfer of Western Slope water over the Continental Divide.  

In a recent article in the Denver Post, my bill was praised as having bipartisan support. My colleague, Rep. Brian DelGrosso called this bill  "a huge win for (Brown). We're excited to see that, and it's important to his folks on the West Slope." You can read the rest of the article by clicking this link.

Clearly, legislators and their constituents from all across Colorado are recognizing that saving more water for Coloradans equals more water for the Front Range, and in turn, for the Western Slope. I am proud to say that my campaign has made water rights a central tenet of my work as a legislator. I believe that we can provide a better tomorrow for our children on the Western Slope through the continued creation of water storage, which will help our agriculture and tourism industries flourish for years to come.

November is coming quickly, and I am seeking re-election to continue shepherding this important work. I can't do this alone, and I am asking for your support to continue the fight. Will you consider donating $25, $50, $100 or even $400 to my campaign to keep our water -and future- secure? Please join me now! And for those of you who have given in the past, thank you for your generous investment in our future.

Sincerely,

J. Paul Brown
HD 59
Support J. Paul Brown Today!
Paid for by the Committee to Re-Elect J. Paul Brown
Copyright © 2016 Committee to Re-Elect J. Paul Brown, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are a supporter of J. Paul Brown.

Our mailing address is:
Committee to Re-Elect J. Paul Brown
PO Box 178
Ignacio, CO 81137

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

No comments:

Post a Comment