Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Carrying the Torch

Re-Elect J Paul Brown for HD59.
View this email in your browser
Del,

This new year has been full of trials, in Colorado and our Nation. As we prepare to go into early spring, we will remember several influential leaders whose legacies we must now carry with us.

The passing of former First Lady Nancy Reagan came as a blow to us. She lived a full and joyful life devoted to the betterment of our nation and our conservative cause. Even after her husband's passing, she continued to be a joy and an inspiration to our nation's families, acting as an advocate for families dealing with Alzheimer's disease. She will truly be missed.

In Colorado, we have also seen our share of loss. It was with great sadness that I was informed of the passing of former State Senator of the 6th District, Jim Isgar. He had a reputation for being able to bring Republicans and Democrats together. Jim famously worked with Republican Representative Diane Hoppe (who also, sadly, passed away this year) of Northern Colorado on water and agriculture legislation that improved our State's industry. Although Senator Isgar was a Democrat, he endorsed me in my first run for office because we shared common values about water and property rights for Southwest Colorado.  

These great leaders and legislators have left us with the task of continuing the work that they began so many years ago. The lessons that we can take from Mrs. Reagan are plenty, and I have done my best this session to make sure that Colorado's water and agriculture remains protected on my watch. I have introduced a new bill, HB16-1256, which introduces water storage on the South Platte River to save our natural resources. With it, I hope to build on the improvements left to us by Sen. Isgar and Rep. Hoppe.

Carrying the torch of those before us is never an easy task, and we must make sure that we have elected leaders we can trust to continue their work. I am seeking re-election in the fall, and I hope that I can continue this important work. My campaign is dedicated to standing for our neighbors, friends and families in HD59. I would be very grateful if you would consider supporting my campaign. You can support me by donating  $25, $50, $100 or even $400 here. And to those who have already donated, I want to express my gratitude in helping our cause. Thank you!

Sincerely,

J. Paul Brown
HD 59
Support J. Paul Brown Today!
Paid for by the Committee to Re-Elect J. Paul Brown
Copyright © 2016 Committee to Re-Elect J. Paul Brown, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are a supporter of J. Paul Brown.

Our mailing address is:
Committee to Re-Elect J. Paul Brown
PO Box 178
Ignacio, CO 81137

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

No comments:

Post a Comment